Japan…the land of ninjas! And you never see her coming. As part of Team Ninja she’ll help you sneak in all quiet-like and wipe the floor with the competition! Ninjas don’t lose.
- Made of awesome. She took a DNA test to be certain.
- Master’s degree in English Language and Literature. Thesis on archetypes in Children’s Literature.
- Short story in charity anthology, Winter Wonders, coming out this December from Compass Press.
- Ten years teaching English and five years running academic department.
- Represented by Super Agents, Frances Black and Jennifer Mishler, of Literary Counsel.
- Co-writer with Yelena Casale on A Touch of Darkness – the first place winner of Central Florida RWA's Touch of Magic contest for the paranormal romance division (then called Blood Bond).
- Purveyor and crafter of wondrous words in urban fantasy and paranormal romance.
- Former member of SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators). First love is picture books.
- Member of RWA (Romance Writers of America) and MLA (Modern Language Association).
- Beta reads ten to twenty manuscripts per year including works for published authors: LM Preston, Kristie Cook, Brenda Corey Dunne, Danielle DeVor, and more.
- Will not stop working with you until your MS, query and pitch shine!
Wishes, wishes, and wishes galore...
Tina loves working with other writers and seeing them succeed. No over-egos or self-wallowing allowed here. There’s enough room on the shelves and in cyberspace for every writer, including you!
- Urban Fantasy – Kickass main character who isn’t afraid to face inner and outer demons in a rough and tumble city environment. (Favorites: Ilona Andrews, Jeanine Frost, Marjorie Liu)*
- Paranormal Romance – Feisty heroine and strong heroes please apply. Off the grid mystical creatures falling head over heels hot for each other. (Favorites: Gena Showalter, J. R. Ward, Nalini Singh) *
- Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic – World-ending? Alternate super scary government take-over? Bleak impossible landscape? Yes! Let's see how your characters deal with the insanity of these worlds. (Favorites: Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth - want to see this brought to adult market)
- Horror (Thriller too!) – Tina is hard to scare and a bit of an expert on the horror film genre (see Freaky Friday reviews for proof). She loves a well-written horror novel. Be warned, she’ll be tough on this genre, but if you can leave her looking over her shoulder, you’ll have her as a fan for life! (Favorites: too many)
- Romance – NO CONTEMPORARIES. Tina likes them, but several mentors have more expertise. Shoot for historical, paranormal (see above), mash-up, or category. And make sure it has a happily-ever-after. (Favorites: Michelle Willingham, Karen Marie Moning, Anita Clenney)
Does your MS falls outside one of these categories? Not sure if it'll work for the Mentor Ninja in Pitch Wars? No worries. Send Tina a note on Twitter and she'll help determine if it's in her area of interest. Not on Twitter? Use Tina's Contact Me page.
Still not sure whether to choose Tina as your mentor? Perhaps her alter egos will convince you…
Submissions start today (11/26) ! The cut off time to get your applications (query & first five pages of manuscript) in is 8AM EST on December 5.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writers can apply for up to 3 coaches. The coaches' categories are set. Coaches can only consider the categories they've signed up for. Writers cannot apply for a coach that is not in their category.
For additional information about this contest go HERE (link to your post announcing the contest)
· This is open to finished manuscripts only.
· You may only enter one manuscript.
· Only the genres requested by each coach will be considered for the contest.
Subject line: Pitch Wars Application: Coach Name you want to apply for: Title (Example: Pitch Wars Application: Brenda Drake: GONE WITH THE WIND)
Name: Your Name
Genre: The genre of your manuscript
Word Count: The word count of your manuscript
Query letter here (embedded in email). Single spaced. No indentions. A space between each paragraph.
First five pages of the manuscript here (embedded in email). Single spaced. No indentions. A space between each paragraph.
``````````````````````````````REMINDER: You can send an application for up to 3 coaches.
Check back soon for a complete list of the amazing agents participating in the contest. There's over a dozen!
Today all the coaches are posting bios/wish lists on their blogs. So before choosing your top 3 picks, check all the coaches' posts in your category before deciding which coach to submit. To jump from blog to blog, just click on our pictures below.