A fun little game is making its way around the blogosphere. Two of my fellow Write Campaigners, Rachel Morgan and Yelena Casale, have tagged me. The rules in short: answer 11 questions about yourself given to you by the tagger, then tag 11 more people with questions of your own choosing.
This is probably more than you ever wanted to know about me, but it seems like a good icebreaker for the Writer Campaign. So, without further adieu...
1. Describe yourself in one word: Stubborn. (I'm a Taurus, I can't help it)
2. What was your favourite book as a child? The Lord of the Rings. (Okay, so technically it's a trilogy. Read it when I was nine and it's been my favorite ever since)
3. eBooks or paper books? Both. (Yes, I'm cheating)
4. If you could go back in time and change one thing in your life, what would it be? Not a thing. I don't believe in living with regrets.
5. What song is currently stuck in your head? I can't remember the name of it, but it goes like this...eww mow mow, papa ew mow mow. :)
6. What fictional character do you most resemble? Cat from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. (Well, I do in my dreams anyway)
7. If you could have any super power, what would you choose? Self transporter i.e. I could be in any place at any time with just a thought. (How's that for cool?)
8. What is your favourite quote? "The biggest person is the last one standing." - Me
9. Are you a full-time writer or do you have some other day job? I wish. Nope, full-time administration work, part-time professor, volunteer karate sensei (I help Yelena. She does the tough stuff).
10. Which book would you pick up first: awesome cover or super cool title? Probably the cover.
11. Cream or ice-cream? Is this a trick question? LOL. Both! (Yeah, I cheated again)
1. If you could only go visit one place in the world, where would you go? Bora Bora. (Went for my honeymoon and it is beyond beautiful)
2. Do you think you're more of an introvert or an extrovert? I'm somewhere on the border line. (Depends on the situation)
3. Do you prefer to be cold or hot (if there's no in between). When I was young, I would have said cold. Not anymore. Would rather the heat.
4. If you have to give a lecture on a topic of your choice, what would it be? Archetypes in children's literature. (Such a fun topic. I'd love to teach a college course on it)
5. Rock climbing or sky diving? Rock climbing. (It's tough, but fun)
6. Would you ever consider writing a memoir? Yes, but would anyone want to read it?
7. If you could go back in time and talk to one person from the past, who would it be? Siddhattha Gotama. (The man behind Buddha)
8. If you could turn into one animal, what animal would it be? A wolf. (No doubt)
9. What is your dream job? Writing full time.
10. What are your two favorite shows on TV right now? Once Upon a Time and Walking Dead. (Closely followed by Vampire Diaries. How's that for an eclectic mix?)
11. What is your favorite mythological creature? Tough one. Let's go with hobbits. ;)
Now, it's your turn. I'm supposed to tag 11 people, but I think it might be more fun to open it up to all of the Write Campaigners. So, if you're participating in the Write Campaign...
1. How would your best friend describe you in three words?
2. Who is your favorite fictional character?
3. If you could only read books in ONE genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. Who is the greatest Captain of all time (sci-fi or seafaring)?
5. If you could be any mythological creature, what would you be?
6. You can take three people with you on the Gilligan style island, who do you take?
7. Are you a pantser or a plotter (writer speak)?
8. What genre do you write?
9. What's the best advice you've ever received?
10. Who are your inspirations (pick top 2)?
11. (Imagine this in the Billy Zane voice from The Wedding Singer) Chicken or fish?