Don't worry the Twitter-Sized Pitch Contest is still on going! You have until this Friday at 4pm EST to get those pitches in, so don't wait. Go here. All done? Great! Now, you can read this fun post...
Today in honor of the Channeler's Choice Blog Tour, I have the pleasure of introducing to you Aiden! The dreamy hero from YA author, Heather McCorkle's THE SECRET OF SPRUCE KNOLL and CHANNELER'S CHOICE. Squee!
1) Let's start off with an easy one...What do you like to do for fun? What are your hobbies? Make cute girls blush. Just kidding, well sort of. I enjoy running, drawing, and hanging out with Fane.
2) What is it like being a channeler? And for the new readers, what the heck is a channeler? It's amazing, like having super powers and still being human. Channelers can channel energy and use it like a physical thing, to either fight with or heal. Which depends on the channeler.
3) As your biological family is originally from Ireland, we've learned that channelers are called druids there. Are there any differences between the Irish druid and the American channeler? Actually, no. They are pretty much the same thing. History has called us a lot of different things over the years, that's one of the nicer names.
4) MINOR SPOILER: Why do you think the different groups in Spruce Knoll are so divided? They're afraid of losing their culture if they mix too much. Personally, I think creating new cultures by mixing is exactly what we need to do. I mean look at humanity's past, we could use a bit of evolving.
5) And now for the mushy stuff...What went through your mind the first time you saw Eren? Aside from the fact that I was crushing her because my clumsy butt had fallen on her? LOL! Wow, just wow. That was all I could think. She had the most amazing energy and it sucked me into a place I didn't ever want to leave.
6) What is in store for you and Eren in the future? A white picket fence and kids, I hope. Realistically though, I'm worried. They say the war to end all wars is coming and that the two of us will be its greatest warriors. Either way, as long as I'm by her side, I'm good.
Bonus question: What's something that know one knows about you? Tell us a secret. :) I'm scared to death of my own anger and I work hard on controlling it every day. I will be a better man than the one who raised me.
Okay, really, how cute is he? I anticipate hordes of screaming fangirls - myself included - gushing over him. How about you? To find out more about Aiden and the YA urban fantasy series from Heather McCorkle, check out book two, CHANNELER'S CHOICE.
With her parents’ murderer’s dead, Eren can finally concentrate on fitting in at Spruce Knoll High, not to mention figuring out what it means to be a channeler. If only it were that easy. It turns out she isn’t normal even among channelers - she may be a legendary warrior meant to protect the earth in a last great battle.
But Mayan prophecies are the least of her worries as she involuntarily starts to gather her own Society, another girl moves in on Aiden, her powers rage out of control, and worst of all, someone is stalking her. To top it all off, Eren discovers she doesn’t have to be a channeler after all - she has a choice.
As an old threat closes in and she risks ending up like her parents, she is forced to decide. Be a normal teenager and leave the legendary warrior stuff to someone else, or embrace a dark destiny?
CHANNELER'S CHOICE can be found in hardback and eBook formats at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, and all major retailers.