Writing the First Draft
- Getting to know your characters.
- Shaping the plot.
- Embarking on an adventure.
- Basking in your own brilliance.
- ALL your characters are evil!
- The plot...what plot?
- The adventure leads you to the Bog of Eternal Stench.
- Your writing is crap.
- Why am I doing this?
- The blank page stares back at you.
- You have visions of going all Jack Nicholson ala The Shining.
- Nothing could possibly suck as much as your writing.
But, remember, it is okay for the first draft to be utter trash. If you put some word vomit all over the page, no problem! Editing is for making things all shiny and polished. The first draft is purely to get the story on the paper. So, get writing!